October 28, 2012

Bottles and Jars

Old glasses and bottles are beautiful items and flea markets are full of them. I tried to think of a few new ways to use them. Jars are perfect for storing different kinds of small items. If you like handicrafts, you probably need storage solutions for small things like buttons, left over yarn, stones, etc.

If you buy jam or other food, that normally comes in glass jars, you get perfect jars for storing small things because then you also get the lid. Normally the lids are quite ugly and each product has a different kind of lid. If you don't like the colour of the lid, just paint it with a colour that suits your home. In the last picture you can see how a regular jar with a colourful lid became a modern and beautiful storage solution by just painting the lid with black paint.

In the first picture I placed small stones and candles inside a bottle and a jar. If you use several bottles and jars instead of just two you will get a very cozy and unique lighting. In this case the candle should be shorter in the bottle because a tall candle like this one can heat up the narrow bottleneck too much.

When I was a child I used to collect small porcelain items. I still had some of them hidden in a drawer. Then I thought why not use them somewhere? I placed them inside bottles and together they made a funny and maybe a bit strange combination. It was actually quite tricky to get the porcelain items inside bottles without braking them but I made it!

Do you have great ideas how to use old bottles and jars? Please leave a comment, I'd love to hear your thoughts!





No comments:

Post a Comment