September 23, 2012

Light

The autumn is here and it's been raining all day in Helsinki, so I thought light and lighting would be a good subject for today. It's actually quite amazing how light can transform any space into something beautiful as well as something awful. If you use light in a wrong way you can ruin an awesome interior. In my previos homes I have not paid a lot of attention to lighting but in this new home I want to create the perfect lighting for each room.

In the living room we have this beautiful ceiling lamp, which creates interesting shadows. It's dimmable so it's easy to set the right level of lighting, and dimming also saves energy. These days it's possible to get dimmable LED lamps. It's a shame they are quite expensive but on the other hand LED lamps last very long.

Candles are a perfect way to create warm and cosy lighting. I've just been buying regular candles from the super market, but now that I think of it, the ingredients in regular candles are not so nature friendly or at least not so animal friendly. That's why I'm going to buy soy candles next time I'm going candle shopping. I'm not sure if it's possible to buy them in the super market, but I'll find out.




No comments:

Post a Comment